March 19

Student Blogging First Experiences

We began our blogging journey last week. We spent an entire class period exploring and creating avatars. There was a ton of laughter, conversation, and frustration. We learned a lot and today we are writing our about me pages. and avatar description posts.

Posted March 19, 2019 by mrscrowningshield in category Uncategorized

3 thoughts on “Student Blogging First Experiences

1. Ms Smith

Hi Mrs. Crowning and class – my name is Ms Smith and I’m one of the commenters for the Student Blogging Challenge. My grade eight students and I did the challenge in the fall and really enjoyed it. I think the thing they liked the best was that with the prompts, they always had an idea about which to write. How are you finding it?

I teach Humanities and English at a high school in BC, and I’ve been blogging with my students for a few years now, so feel free to ask any questions you have. My students have individual blogs at http://thebeautifulquestion.edublogs.org/blogroll-current-year, if you’re interested in checking them out.

Take care,
    Ms Smith

Reply
    1. Ms Smith

I apologize, Mrs. Crowningshield – I just realized I wrote the wrong name. I should have looked at the top of the blog instead of reading off the Google form.

Reply
    2. mrscrowningshield (Post author)

Hi Ms. Smith,
      We are enjoying the challenge so far. I am happy to learn that there will be prompts coming in the near future. We have learned a lot about blogging and navigating the blog sites.

Next week we will be beginning to comment on other blogs. I checked out a few of your student’s blogs. They are wonderful writers. I am sure I will be reaching out to you in the near future.

Thank you
      Mrs. Crowningshield

Reply